Welcome Message

***Hearty Welcome to Customer Champions & Master Minds ***

I believe " Successful CRM/CXM " is about competing in the relationship dimension. Not as an alternative to having a competitive product or reasonable price- but as a differentiator. If your competitors are doing the same thing you are (as they generally are), product and price won't give you a long-term, sustainable competitive advantage. But if you can get an edge based on how customers feel about your company, it's a much stickier--sustainable--relationship over the long haul.
Thank You for visiting my Blog , Hope you will find the articles useful.

Wishing you Most and More of Life,
Dinesh Chandrasekar DC*

Monday, August 23, 2010

Vibrant MiddleEast: My Memorable Middleeast Experience

Dears,
There are so many things that I long to tell my colleagues and friends in other part of the world about the experience of being in Middle East especially in Saudi Arabia and Dubai. It is so vastly different from what you would expect from reading about the Middle East in newspapers or watching news on television. First of all, people in these regions are very friendly. My favorite story is about an Arab gentleman who helped in one of my CRM project to translate the Arabic version of the requirement to english .He apologized for his lack of English, although his language skills were very good I thought, and I said, "No, no, it is me who must apologize. I am here as a guest in your country, yet I speak no Arabic!" he smiled at me, and then she said, "Perhaps if more people like you and me could talk as we are, there would be peace in the world." I was so moved by that simple thought and by his warmth and helpfulness towards me.
For me, the most fascinating things about being in Saudi, so far from home, were the everyday things. There are American fast food outlets on every corner -- McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken and even Starbucks and Subway. There are endless little tea and coffee places where men can have beverages and small local pastries. There are also myriads of Indian and Lebanese restaurants where one can eat very well at a reasonable cost. Household groceries, fruits, vegetables etc... a down to earth price with quality far superior than we can see in any of the supermarkets in India and other parts of the world.
The other exciting experience is during my multiple visits to Dubai on the work front. Today, Dubai has considerable wealth and economic stability because of its trade and tourism industries, mainly tourism. Some call Dubai the “Las Vegas” of the Middle East because of its extravagant architecture and fabulous lifestyle. Dubai is home to expatriates from all over the world. Its diverse population encourages international cooperation on both corporate and cultural levels. The experiences and attractions available in Dubai are many and varied. From the miles of immaculate beautiful white sandy beaches to the richly exotic Arabian heritage, from the awe inspiring majesty of the desert to the lively international bars, restaurants and nightclubs – a visitor to Dubai is guaranteed an incredible, never to be forgotten experience. Dubai has a thriving expat population who make the most of their tax free lifestyle in this amazing city of opportunity. The nightlife in the city is excellent, with cocktail bars, wine bars, themed bars and typical British or Irish pubs available, many of which offer food and entertainment as well.
High standard international cuisine is available in the city’s many restaurants and if you are looking for lively evening entertainment there are numerous night clubs around the city. Some of the clubs attract international DJs; there are also Middle Eastern, Indian and Asian nightclubs offering entertainment with singers and dancers. You can be assured of an exciting pace of life in Dubai and a high standard of living.
As a result of my experience in Dubai and Saudi, I have a new perspective of the Middle East and advocate to my friends to redirect their attention to the things that matter most in terms of our being respected globally. I have learned to regard every single day as a new adventure, and if that doesn't keep me young (as they say it does) then it has certainly taught me humility and reminded me that attitude to appreciate other nationals and their culture is my most valuable asset

Your Loving Partner and Companion

DC*

No comments:

Post a Comment