The Push Mode
In this mode of operation, the participating applications act passively where they send new or updated customer information to the hub for cleansing, deduplication and enrichment. The hub then in turn publishes the cleansed golden version to all the participating applications.
The push mode flows are asynchronous. This mode of operation is non-intrusive with respect to the need to change the source and target applications. They do not assume that the hub is the data master, thereby ensuring that the authoring can be decentralized. Because of the non-intrusive character of this architecture, “push mode” MDM implementations can lead to faster MDM project delivery.
In this mode of operation, Siebel CRM and Oracle EBS (and possibly other applications using composite UI) interact with the hub in real time by executing synchronous integration processes at the time of data entry
The Pull mode processes are synchronous and enable a real-time interaction between Siebel CRM, Oracle EBS and OCH. Through these processes the consuming applications have On-Demand access to the source of truth for customer data and hence allow duplicate data prevention and capture of the right data at the time of entry The key enhancements with OCH 8.2 related to prebuilt integration capability include
* Web Services Library
*Support for latest versions of Siebel, Ebusiness Suite, SAP and BRM
*Integration Process Interoperability
Web Services Library OCH 8.2 has been enhanced to include more than 20 additional composite and granular web services. These services provide a handle to expose day to day operational and analytical functionality used by Data Steward in form of web services. Customer‟s preferable user interface applications can consume these services to expose this functionality. Out of the box Oracle used ADF based application Data Governance Manager consumed following web services.
Following services are added in OCH 8.2 to expose master section functionality covered under Data Governance Manager.
* Get Master Entities Count
*Get Master Organization Details
*Get Master Person Details
These services provide reports on exiting batches and help report records gone in exception patch. We can leverage these services to make corrections and re-run the batches Following services are added in OCH 8.2 to expose consolidate section functionality covered under Data Governance Manager.
*Get Batch Process Report
* Get Specific Batch Report
* Get Completed Records Batch Report
* Get Organization Rejected Records Detail Report
These services are very extensively used by consolidate module of DGM to kick of new import jobs. Following services are added in OCH 8.2 to expose list import functionality over web service,
These services help bad sources of data in the enterprise, and pull the records which are non complaint with the completeness matrix defined. Following services are added in OCH 8.2 to expose cleanse section functionality covered under Data Governance Manager.
* Get Hub Complete Compliance Info
* Get Hub Organization Incomplete Detail
* Get Hub Per Incomplete Detail
* Get Source Complete Compliance Info
* Get Source Organization Incomplete Detail
* Get Source Per Incomplete Detail
This service helps get the real-time information about the share module functionality.
* Get Share Information
This services helps get number of systems registered to OCH
* Get Systems Registration Info
This service helps pull work queue information of Data Steward from OCH
* Get Organization Suspect Records
* Get Person Suspect Records
* Remove Pending Record
* Submit Merge Request Organization Record
* Submit Merge Request Person Record
Request Merge Services
These services can request merge on two selected records over the integration layer
Siebel 8.1.1, EBS R 12, SAP and BRM Integration and Certification
Siebel 8.1.1, EBS R 12, SAP and BRM Integration and Certification Prior to OCH 8.2, the participating applications included Siebel CRM 8.0 and Oracle Ebusiness Suite 11.5. In OCH 8.2, the latest versions of the participating applications (Siebel CRM 8.1.1 and Oracle Ebusiness Suite R 12) are supported. Prior to OCH 8.2, the pre-integrated solution included only Siebel CRM and Oracle Ebusiness Suite. With OCH 8.2, additional applications are also integrated out of the box. The additional applications include Oracle BRM 7.4 and SAP ECC.
Interoperability with Communications Industry PIPs
· Customer Creates: When a Customer Data is created in CRM as part of an Order it automatically triggers a Sync flow that will publish the data to the Oracle Customer Hub. The Oracle Customer Hub will process the data by cleansing it, matching to existing data, and if match is found linking it and updating the golden record of the customer. OCH will then publish back to CRM the updated data and publish to subscribing applications. In the meantime on the CRM side the CSR will complete the Sales Order and submit it trough the AIACOM Order to Bill flow with a reference to the Customer Data. The Sync Customer step will perform a Cross-reference check and identify that the Customer Data is new and needs to be created in BRM. The new customer data will be queried from CRM and used to create the Customer Data in BRM. The Oracle Product Hub will publish in batch mode to BRM the updates that were applied to the Customer Data. The BRM connector will perform a Cross-reference check. If the cross-reference is found, then the updates will be applied to BRM. If the Cross reference is not found then they will be discarded.
· Customer Updates (Account and Contact): When a CSR updates Account Data in CRM this automatically triggers a Sync Customer flow that will publish the data to the Oracle Customer Hub (as part of the Customer MDM flow) and to Oracle BRM (as part of the AIACOM Agent Assisted Billing Care flow). OCH will process the data and do the usual cleanse, match, and link and update and publish the updated data as response back to CRM and as sync to subscribing applications. AIACOM Agent Assisted Billing Care flow will check if a BRM Cross Reference exists for the updated account data and if so it will update the account in Oracle BRM. The Oracle Product Hub will publish in batch mode to BRM the updates that were applied to the Customer Data. The BRM connector will perform a Cross-reference check. If the cross-reference is found, then the updates will be applied to BRM. If the Cross reference is not found then they will be discarded as the customer does not exist in BRM and thus is a prospect
· Contact Level Update of Customer Data: Oracle BRM only provides services to update a Contact in the context of an Account. When OCH publishes a Sync Contact it needs be transformed into a Sync Account message so that it can be processed by the BRM services. Compared to the previous flow, the flow described in this slide has an additional transformations step that will convert the Sync Contact Message into a Sync Account message, so that the Contact can be updated in the context of the Account.
Artifact Generator: The Artifacts Generator is a development tool that can help jumpstart your Oracle AIA development by auto generating much of the common code needed to create Oracle AIA application business connector (ABC) service implementations. The Artifacts Generator is a command line Apache Ant tool that uses the Free Marker template engine to generate complete and compliable ABC service implementations in BPEL.
PIP Auditor: The Process Integration Pack (PIP) Auditor verifies that a PIP‟s design and development adheres to Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) guidelines. The PIP Auditor contains a number of tests that check for different standards mandated or recommended by Oracle AIA with respect to PIP design and development. The PIP Auditor generates high-level HTML and detailed XML reports that provide information about violations to the mentioned standards
XMAN: The XSLT Mapping Analyzer is a tool you can use to generate the mapping information from the application business connector (ABC) service transformation XSL into HTML.
Thats all for now till I explore more about Oracle Customer Hub, Thanks to Oracle Corporation for such a wonderful product and release documents related to this application.
Thanks for exploring along with me